Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Leftovers

Can someone Please explain to me what's going on?!?

I really want to enjoy this show but it feels like I'm watching the second season of Lost with someone who can't be bothered to explain the first season. So many questions!

  1. Where'd their people go? - Okay everyone is asking that, and honestly I'm fine if we don't know this for a while
  2. What the hell is with the dogs? - Remember that guy who shot the dog and we were all "Aww what a dick!" and then we were all "yeah kill em!" Why? Why? What's with them, and this leads me into
  3. Who is that one dude who shot the dogs? - Remember the dogs? We never got a straight answer, did they vanish? Did they run away? Are they rabid? Why am I suddenly on rando guys side when he starts shooting the dogs?? (WHY ARE WE SHOOTING DOGS?) and also...
  4. Who is Rando Dog shooter, and Is he real? - We don't know, they've alluded to him not being there, but how will we know? Will we ever have answers, not wait don't read that, that's another listed question
  5. Who are the GR? - Who the hell are these people in white?? And also
    1. Why white?
    2. What does "GR" stand for?
    3. Who joins a cult to smoke?
    4. Why do they say it's not a cult?
    5. Why won't they talk?
    6. Why are they dickweeds to people?
    7. Why was Kevin's wife such a dickweed last week?
    8. Why does Liv Tyler care about them?
    9. Did Liv ever figure out the why the message behind the futility of chopping down the tree??? BECAUSE WE DIDNT!
    10. How awful were they to the minister?
    11. WHY?
  6. Is this a rapture parable, or is it a different story all together? - There's obviously a lot of religious themes in this show, which is fine, but if they're there to further the story I want them, if there there to divert me from what the hell is going on then knock it off! (Like Damon Lindelof and Tom Perrotta care what I say, but please clarify, please!) 
  7. Is it really Sci-Fi? - If it's for realsie sci-fi, awesome, I'm all for it. But you gotta give me something to hang my hat on! IE- Rando townsperson - "Hey Kevin Garvey who ya talking to? BECAUSE NO ONE IS THERE" right when dog shooter waves at Rando and says "Teehee!" then evaporates in front of our eyes! Ahhh, now I know it's sci-fi!
  8. Who the hell is Wayne? - You know the guy with the magic hugs? Wtf?! nuff said.
  9. Tom. Good kid? Bad kid? Confused kid? Good kid who wants to be bad? Bad kid who wants to be good? - Just give me one answer. A hint, even. Your sister, we get. She's the okay kid hanging with the wrong crowd because shit's gone down at home. We can't blame her, she still has a good heart in there, especially when she decides not to flame the baby Jesus. 
  10. Will we ever have answers? - Trust me I watched the JJ "Mystery Box" TED talk as much the next geek. I get it. Mystery makes amazing plot. Especially when you can string it together in the end. But when the ENTIRE story is mystery I either feel out of the loop or like I'm sitting through a Beckett play. We all had to sit through those. We all don't get it. Even when you say you do. You really don't get it. Get off your high horse PhD, you don't understand Beckett, you're just as lost as we are. 
Please. Please don't be a Beckett Play. 


Like...Please. 


No comments:

Post a Comment